Need to adjust or replace

A handy person from Los Ángeles says:
Hi! What a great site and videos.

Our windows won't stay open, and if I turn the shoe pivot it does not lock into place. Not sure if there are adjustments that need to be done or if these need to be replaced. If the later, with what and which parts? Thx so much! Scott

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 53561C5D-2FBF-41ED-A720-29B861274DDD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BC2D99E3-53E9-44CC-912D-21C177651E86.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E681DD00-EE75-401F-A0F8-AED3B7F591A6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5E53F588-532D-447F-B520-26EEA23E457C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1B375625-A3E1-4864-92A3-649C9E711BF1.jpeg
Ps: some of our latches are broken and we need to find replacement parts. Thx!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3C2098CD-D35A-4678-B37A-E8BF734D3ED5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8AB260C3-36C1-4AF9-B14B-7D0E2AA7C4C6.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We have a couple different pivot shoes that resemble this. See our 15-213, 15-218, and 15-220. Carefully compare these to your old shoe to determine which would work best in your application.

Thanks. Is it these that need to be replaced, or the springs, or both? If both, can you point me to the springs? Also, parts for the latches above?

Thanks so much!

Scott
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Scott. We aren't able to replace the springs, unfortunately. If your springs are worn out and need replacing, then you will end up needing entirely new jamb liners, which isn't a service we can provide. There is no adjustment you can make on this kind of hardware since it's literally just a bare spring in a track. I would recommend contacting the original window manufacturer at that point.

Thx. They are out of business, of course. So you don't have the parts for new jamb liners?

Is there a way for me to tell if its the shoes or springs? Or just replace the shoes and see what happens?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom

We don't sell jamb liners or this type of spring, no. If your window won't stay up then the issue is probably with the springs. Since the manufacturer isn't around anymore, I don't know where you could find these. Maybe a local hardware store who once sold these windows, assuming they even have older parts in stock. 

I am sorry we can't offer a better suggestion.

thanks!
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.