Need to convert patio door lock to a keyed door lock

A home owner from Evergreen Park, IL says:
Hello:

Here are the pictures of my current patio door lock to a keyed door lock. My current lock only locks on the interior and can only be done "by hand." I would like to change the lock so that it still can be locked "by hand" on the interior but also be locked by key on the exterior.

In short, I'd like to be able to leave my house through my patio door and lock the door behind me. I'm not sure which one of your products to order. Please help!

Thanks so much!
Katrice
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Based on your pictures, I recommend our 82-315 key lock. This should work. See the video below for more detailed instructions.
A home owner says:
Thank you for your response! Would I be able to use the keyed lock that you recommended with my existing handle? Or would I also need to purchase a coordinating handle set? If I must purchase a handle set, which would you recommend?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 82-315 is most commonly used with the 82-035, which appears to be just what you have now. If so, then you should be okay with the 82-315 by itself.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.