Need to identify problem--tilting window

A home owner from Summerville,sc says:

The window i weighed at 30lb. Each spring in the 2 spring units are marked 7.5lb 35 (maybe 35 is length ?? ) the springs are 1/2" wide.

I removed both left and right side and to my amaze the springs (2 per side ) were not broken. (no cracks in the coil was visible) .

The window has begun to slide down by itself so i thought a spring was cracked but that is not the case. The removal and reinstall of the springs seems to help.

Am i just imagining it ??

would like get part numbers for replacement springs and also maybe the entire assemblies.

I am very handy with tools and a homeowner , but this has me stumped.

note at no time did either the left or right side of the coil unit slip off of the bottom of the window while i was experiencing the auto closing of the window

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named back view .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named front view .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named spring marks .jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out. Although, there is not visible damage to the hardware. If it is no longer holding up the window, it is like that you'll need to replace the hardware. 

Your assembly looks a lot like our 15-252 Inverted Universal Dual Support. Carefully review and compare this to your original hardware to confirm that this is the correct replacement.

Detail of 15-252
Detail of 15-252

For the coil spring, I recommend part S160-7

If you are looking to replace the bracket, take a look at part 16-033.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.