Need to identify which balance to order

A contractor from westfield, ma says:
Hello, here is a picture of the current coil balance from my vinyl replacement window. I don't see any markings on the balance. However, if you think there may be some in an inconspicuous place, please let me know. Any help you can provide to identify this for me would be much appreciated. Thank you!!! Brett
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil balance.jpg
A contractor from westfield, ma says:

Hello, I submitted a request a few minutes ago but realized that I was not signed in to my account. So, I am resubmitting the request for help while logged in and also providing more information.

As you can see from the picture, I have coil balances in a vinyl double hung window that need to be replaced. They are Certainteed brand but I don't see a stamp anywhere on the coil or other parts. The coil is 3/4" wide and weighs 1.3 oz or 38 grams. Please let me know if there is any other detail I can provide.

Thanks for your help!

Brett 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil balance.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Brett!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We carry the 15-192 CertainTeed brand pivot shoe, which is a more modern version of yours, but I don't think it will work in the window track without some type of adaptation. For example, the 15-192 has small "nubs" on its face and would need to filed down. In addition to this, the overall thickness may also need need to be reduced for it to operate comfortably in the track. Just keep in mind, modified parts cannot be returned for a refund. This shoe is also compatible with the Series 170 coil spring, 15-156 cover, and 15-157 bushing if you needed that.

To determine the correct coil weight, you'll need to weigh your sash and divide the weight by the number of coils on both sides of the window.

Let me know if you have any questions!

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.