Coil Balance ID

A handy person from Horseheads NY says:
Hi. I need to replace all four balances for my Jeld-Wen 0415111 SASH-DH 519441-1 (31.5 x 61.5) DH0162 window. It seems that the window was forcibly handled by the previous owner of the house and all four balances are broken.

Thanks
Ariel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0417.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0420.JPEG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Ariel. This looks like a 15-111 Pivot Shoe, which uses either our Series 160 1/2" thick Coil Balances, or our Series 165 3/8" thick Coil Balances. Measure the thickness of your old coil springs to determine what Series you need. 

A handy person from Horseheads NY says:
Hi Bob. I was able to remove and measure the broken balance. I'm attaching new pictures. There are two coils in each balance and they seem to be the same size which 1/2 inch wide, 15/16 inch high and 1/8 inch thick. The cover is 1 inch wide x 2 3/8 inch high and 9/16 deep. I didn't take out the shoe since I need it in place so I can still close the window for now until i replace all the balances but I believe with the measurements and the pictures attached you should be able to infer the right shoe for the application.

Thanks
Ariel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0431.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0432.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0429.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0430.JPEG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Ariel. If the springs are a 1/2" thick, then it certainly sounds like you need the Series 160 Coil Balances to go with the 15-111 Pivot Shoe. You'll have to select a spring weight for each coil balance. Look for stamp codes on the springs that designate this. If there are none, or you are uncertain, obtain the exact weight of the window sash. Give us the exact weight, and we can work out what you need. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.