Need to replace spiral balances

A handy person from Hampton Virginia says:
The photos show two views of a window whose balances don't work anymore. There are no manufacture markings on the window, but we are told from a local building supply store that the windows are American craftsman. While the photos don't show it, the bottom half of the balance is spiral, so I am certain that these are spiral balances.
If you can determine from the photos they are American craftsman, do you sell replacement spiral balances and if so, how would I go about choosing the correct replacement. I have three windows that needs balance replacement. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B5D5349F-8A26-49EE-8FD8-A39BDA3FB4B3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FA86EF71-5B7C-478A-8206-81AF150459F4.jpeg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

It does appear that your window uses tilt spiral balances. You could have either the 3/8" diameter tube Series 900 or the 5/8" diameter Series 600 spiral balances. You will need to measure the diameter of the tube to confirm. When determining the length, only measure the metal tube. Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Regarding...You could have either the 3/8" diameter tube Series 900 or the 5/8" diameter Series 600 spiral balances.

I had my family member measure the diameter, and it appears to be 1/2". We are rechecking, but is it possible that you have a product series with a 1/2" diameter?

Hello,

Once you double check the measurement, if the balance diameter is 9/16", it would be the Series 600 style. This balance is considered 5/8" in trade but may actually measure 9/16". Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

OK....we remeasured and the rods are 5/8" in diameter, so it sounds like these are the Series 600 style. I read the info at the Series 600 link. It says that the tubes are "ready to be charged". What does this mean?

Hello,

"Ready to be charged" refers to the installation process. Please review the video below for more information. I have also related the 75-006 charging tool on the page that can be used for install. Please review and let us know if you have any additional questions! 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.