Need to replace the door handle lock set with the correct acorn dor wal handle door set

A home owner from Ok says:
Please help me get the correct handle lock set so I can lock my patio door. Thanks Swisco for your help.

Sincerely,

Denise C.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220205-145443.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220205-145503.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220205-145658.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220205-145419.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220205-145503.png
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your handle looks like it would be either the 82-003, with a 3-15/16" hole center spacing, or 82-055, with a 3-1/2" hole center spacing. Look these parts over and see what you think!

A home owner from Oklahoma says:

Thanks so much Swisco for your reply. I'm a female and I'm not the smartest when it comes to things such as this. I do know for a fact that it is 82-055 3 1/2 and not the other one. 

My question is, looking in the picture does picture 5 and 6 click together and allow the door to lock once it's assembled. I'm talking about the two silver pieces. Do I take off the other silver piece. I call it the silver nose to the left of the door. In picture #6 there's several screws and a silver piece. Do I take off my old silver (nose) piece and replace it with the silver piece that's displayed in picture #6 and it will hook to the part when I close my patio door and turn the knob and come together and my patio door will lock to the part displayed in picture #5?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220204_152250.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220204_152207.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, that is exactly right. The silver piece screwed to the side of the door frame is called a keeper (others might call it a catch). This gives the latch hook on the handle itself something to lock onto when you flip the lever.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.