Need window channels

A quick learner from Sebastian Florida says:
Per the label on the window these are ALC-1 Alcan windows. Both channels do not stay in place. They tend to drop down. The one channel has a broken string. I'd like to get two new channels. The code on the channels is 2920-0. The channels measure exactly 31 inches including the plastic clips on each end. Also, at the top of the window frame is a plastic U shaped clip. You can see it in the picture that shows all the parts. I think this is a stopper to keep the window from traveling too high. I need one of these too if you have them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1201191516.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1130191303.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1201191515.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1201191505.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Your balance closely resembles both our S380-30 and S385-30. The only difference between these two balance is the depth measurement of the bottom balance shoe. The depth of the bottom shoe for the Series 380 is 1" and for the Series 385 is 1-3/32". Measure the depth of your bottom shoe, like in the diagram below, to determine which balance is the best match. Whichever one chosen will go with the 2920 option.

Alternate view of 15-004
Alternate view of 15-004
Unfortunately both white plastic bottom shoes are warn. Neither is 1 inch or more in depth. Is there another way of telling? Could I try and measure the bottom shoe of another less used window?
Profile picture of Paul

If these balances have been in the window for quite some time there is a chance the bottom shoe could have worn down over time. If you are able to retrieve another balance that does not have as much wear and tear on it, measure it and get back to us with the measurement you're getting. 

Will try and find another window to measure this weekend.
I measured two windows. Both looked basically unscrached.they both measured 7/8 inch. So apparently the "bad" channels I initially took off and measured were not far off from the normal. Suggestions? My thoughts are I could buy two of the 1 inch channels, and if they are 1/8 too deep I could sand them to fit. Or I could buy two channels and take the new bottom shoes off and rivet my old shoes on. ?????? I'd opt for my first suggestion.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree with your first suggestion. If our shoes are a little too deep then you can always shave them down a little to fit. I do it all the time and find that it works well. 

We do sell the 15-029 shoe, which is 7/8" deep. We can provide an S380-30 balance with the bottom shoe swapped out for this, if you'd like, but it would have to be a custom order. If you were interested, let me know how many you need and I can email you an order link and price quote.

I can shave the shoes down. I'd like two of the S380-30 channels please.
Profile picture of Paul

Ok great. You may place an order for those items directly on our website, or you may contact the customer service department and place an order over the phone. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.