Need window coil springs

A contractor from Michigan says:
It's for a Certainteed Window The Pringle's shoe does have any visible numbers on it but it is pictured. The Spring corner says H8637MXX, the roller or retainer behind it say H8638MXX. The spring coil has the #500 printed on it. It a good size window bottom sash is 35 7/8 x 32 1/16. Another question is do you have a diagram of how it all goes back together. Also. It's always the right side spring that breaks I probably have five or six windows that need the right side springs, should I be doing both sides?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8A138FFA-F9A1-42D3-A76B-0582A0E4FE51.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 295917BF-8129-4E11-9B89-53D98B363EBA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5FC1B9BE-EE06-40F3-857D-702DB0CB1D0D.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The pivot shoe looks like our 15-192. This is compatible with Series 170 and Series 171 Coil Springs. The Series 171 is used if you have more than one coil on each side of the window. It has a longer tongue to reach around the Series 170 and attach to the pivot shoe. Please note that our Series 170 and Series 171 attach with only one screw apiece. I'm not certain if the '500' you cite is a relevant number. However, I think in general it would be best to weigh the window sash to obtain the exact weight you need to support. The reason I ask this is because I'm wondering if one of the reason one side of your coil balances keeps breaking is because the spring weight support is uneven on both sides of the sash. If you give us the exact weight of your sash, we should be able to tell you what you need.

The bottom sash weighs 20 pounds
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. If the sash weighs 20 lbs, then the best set up would be a S170-405 and S171-405 on both sides of the sash. Both of these coil springs are for 5 lbs of support. This equals 10 lbs of support on both sides of the sash, for a total amount of 20 lbs of support. Let me know what you think. 

Bob would you be able to provide directions on how to install them being two springs each side. It has two now but most are broke
Profile picture of Bob

First, attach the coil springs to the pivot shoe. Then put the covers on. Once everything is fully assembled, feed the entire coil balance system into the cutout, shoe first. Let us know if you have any other questions.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.