Need window spring guides

A home owner from Burns, Oregon says:

We need to fix the window. It has no spring guides currently.

We can send more pictures as needed.

Can you help us find the springs we need?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 613690D1-A5DA-432E-93E7-36EC5BB0E1A6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6FCE7240-C70C-4D6D-846D-86665A7C9465.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D489E6D9-83EB-4661-A702-627D460AD102.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CF6A68C9-499B-4C71-A59C-1C74ED8F7F5B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The part in question is called a top sash guide. Yours in particular looks like it could be a match for either our 18-008 or 18-008H, depending on the hole placement. Review both products and see what you think!

Detail of 18-008
Detail of 18-008
Dimenisons for 18-008H
Dimenisons for 18-008H
A home owner from Burns, Oregon says:

Hi Tom,

This is Kirby here. I am a real estate broker helping the Quicks sell their home. I will be helping them complete some repairs, including this window.

I think we'll actually need the entire setup, including balance spring etc. The problem right now is that the window has nothing in that channel that will hold it up when you open it. No springs or anything. So that is what makes me think we'll need the whole setup.

Please call me if you can.

Thank you,

Kirby

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Kirby. I unfortunately do not have a phone line. We can only assist you right here on this page.

As for the balances, if they are missing entirely then we will not be able to make a recommendation. We can only identify these by using the original hardware as a reference. Balances are very complicated parts that come in many, many different varieties. It's just not possible to make a recommendation without the original to go off of.

Is there an identical window in the house that still has the balances intact? If so, we can use that.

If there are no identical windows in the house, and no balances at all, then we cannot offer a replacement option. You would have to contact the original supplier of the window to see if they have a record of what hardware this window model used.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.