Needed new Channel Balancers

A home owner from Coolidge Arizona says:
I included a hand print of an old balancer. It looks like it might be your 28 series 351 channel. But the window sash is 20 lbs exact so it might be either the "2730" or the "2740" to cover the window weight. I live in AZ so these windows don't get opened so when I needed to, the window balancers kinda fell apart. I don't understand these seem to float in position. When I open the window they come apart again. The spring and cable systems are very tight since they are old. It allows the cable to come off the clip in the hole and when I open window they fall out. The window is exact dim on both ends as well as height. These are for a Jordan window. I also need instructions on how to assemble together please.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210203_190359.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210203_190452.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210203_190546.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210203_190620.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210203_205014 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you have either our S351-28, with a 15-002 bottom attachment, or S390-28, with a 15-001 bottom attachment. Take a look at the image below to determine which balance you'll need. Your 2730 stamp indicated that you would need a 2730 spring strength option for your replacement balances but if the sash weighs exactly 20 pounds, I'd recommend using 2740 instead. It's possible that someone used the wrong spring strength the last time your balances were repalced. 

We've also related a few videos to assist you. Thank you!

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
A home owner from Coolidge Arizona says:
Hello,
The 15-002 being 1.00 and the 15-001 being 1-1/8....mine is 1-1/16. So which would work with mine being 1-1/16?. I agree with tbe 2740 and its better weight capacity as long as the channel size is the same obviously.. its at 1-1/16 now but it lookes like the corners have been worn. So it must be the S390 with 1-1/8
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I agree, the bottom attachments of these balances have a tendency to wear down a bit over time, so as long as it measures over 1" deep, the S390-28 should do the trick. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.