New Discussion Part Identifier email 3 with pictures

A contractor from USA says:
Hello,
We are looking for a Corner Latch or a Slide Bolt that is metal, this one has a marking on it that is stamped. Inside of a circle there is a square that says A-S and under that it is stamped NYC. You can see this in one of the pictures. The small part that goes up has a number on it of 2729 stamped on it and the larger piece has a number of 2022 stamped on it.

I would appreciate any assistance you can give us on this part.

Thank you
Kim
Screen corner latch
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh boy. This fellow here is discontinued, and there are apparently none left on the market. I asked some of the older guys who have been around since these things were still in production, and their best recommendation was that you may be able to take a 91-176 and modify the dickens out of it. What do you think? Check the size and try to imagine how you could use our part compared to your own.
A home owner from Morristiwn Nj says:
We cannot seem to find any replacements for these slide locks... KAREY
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Kim. I've placed you into an existing thread regarding this same latch. I recommend reading Ben's response for what we recommend.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.