Nite Lock Pin - Vinyl Windows

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Would the 80-008 nite lock pin be ok to use with Vinyl windows?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe it could, however I'm a little hesitant on using it since it could interfere with the window's "tilt" mechanism. You must also be careful not to damage the glass pane when drilling into the sash itself.

We have a newer type that you may prefer. See our 26-387 vent lock kit, and the video we made for it below. I actually just installed a set for my son at his apartment and was very pleased with how it turned out.
A home owner from NJ says:
Thank you for the quick reply. I did check out the 26-387 and I really like the design! I will be using that on some single hung windows. However, for a double hung window I would need to use the 26-387 and do something on the outside to prevent the top sash from being movable.

My main objective is for security purposes when a would-be burglar breaks the window latch/lock, which I have seen occur. So I am planning to use the 80-008 nite lock pin to still prevent both top and bottom sashes of a double hung window from opening even if the latch/lock is broken.
A quick learner from Boston, MA area says:
I hate to sound dumb...but I kind of am in regard to home repair. When you say "the window's tilt mechanism" what do you mean? I'm confused - would vertical vinyl double hung windows have a "tilt mechanism"? If so, how does it work? I just ordered 80-008 nite lock pins for such windows, so I wonder about this and if these pins will be okay for my windows? I sure hope so. Thanks so much for your help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

By "tilt mechanism," we just mean the method by which it tilts in for cleaning. Nine times out of ten, that's done through the tilt latches, which are small latches on the top two corners of your sash. You pinch the levers in and the sash releases from the frame, allowing you to tilt it in so that you can clean the glass, remove for repair, etc. 

If your window can tilt in, then that answers your question.

A home owner from League city, TX says:
Can we buy 26-387 in any of the local stores
Thanks
Antony
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Antony. I'm afraid I don't know what stores may or may not carry this product. You would need to contact a store in your area to determine if this is a product that they can help with.

How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.