No guide for second door in bifold doors

A home owner says:
Hello,

I have two bifold doors that meet in the middle. One has a #23-130 spring to keep it on the upper track, but the other does not. I thought I just needed to add in another 23-130 for the other door, but when I installed it, it turns out the doors cannot close because then the two 23-130's are pushed completely together and the doors are not completely closed.

So, without a 23-130 on the second door, the 23-112 coming up from the second door is much too small for the track and it is not as easy to close. Is there a smaller piece for the 23-112 to stick into that will just act as a guide on the track? Here is a picture of how close the 23-112 is to the 23-130 already when the doors are closed.

Thank you for your help.
User submitted a photo of bifold door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see your problem. You know, Stanley and Acme door companies actually used the 23-114 top wheel guides on both doors with the 23-131 snugger between them. That might work in your case. What do you think?
A quick learner says:
I can see how the 23-114 would solve the problem of having both doors slide easily, but what is the purpose of the 23-131 snugger between them?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 23-131 keep the door tightly closed.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.