No idea what this is called

Quick Learner from CO
Jul 23, 2023 7:38 pm
This part is from the left side of my window. It used to help hold it up when the window was opened. The string it used to have broke off. Do you have a replacement part?
PXL_20230723_233208153 PXL_20230723_233204979 PXL_20230723_233159221 PXL_20230723_233035223
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Bob from SWISCO
Jul 23, 2023 7:51 pm

Thanks for posting. I believe this either a Series 351 or Series 390 channel balance. The only difference between these two balances is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe, or the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. See the diagram below for reference.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

You'll then need to determine the length of the balance. Measure the length of the metal channel, but do not include the fittings on either end in this measurement. Finally, you need to choose a stamp option, which determines the strength of the balance. Look for a stamp somewhere on the balance channel that indicates this. If there is none or you are unsure, give me the exact weight of the window sash, and I can work it out for you. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts