Non Tilt Window Balance

A quick learner says:
I purchased 8 window balance -22" series 385 and they are the wrong ones. After looking closer I may need 390 series. I attached two photos of old and new one. You can tell the old one with he dirty string.

Can I return 6 old ones for credit. I don't want to wait so I'll order 8 if you can help me determine what I need.

On two of them I cut the ends off. that is why I only return 6. I put new new rods in the window but then couldn't get the window back in the frame. I really need some help. Two photos of the window are the top of the window. Now I can't get the old balance back in since the hook won't catch. I hope to hear from you soon Oh the side of the balance has p 2130.
Beverly Serene
Channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you can return those 6 balances whenever you wish for a refund. You can see more information at our return policy. As for reinstalling them, watch the video below to see how we do it.
A quick learner from Arlington, VA says:
I know how to install the window balance. I removed them from my windows and cleaned and sprayed with silicone the ones that were salvageable and reinstalled them. I need to purchase new ones and so my question is to look at the top and bottom of the two photos I sent last Sunday and help me figure out what to purchase? The ones I purchased from SWISCO do not fit my windows.
Your video was very helpful. I watched it a few times as it's been years and I sorta forgot how to do it. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I see. Well, you said you may need the Series 390 channel balance. This really comes down to the size of the nylon ends, though, especially the shoe. As long as the size and style matches up to the 19-002 and 15-001 I think you should be okay. All I can make out from your photos is that your nylon attachments don't have those "wings," which fits the bill for the Series 390. I'm just not sure about their size.
A quick learner from Arlington, VA says:
Thank you for the quick response. I placed a new order this morning. Wish me luck!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.