None Visible

A home owner from Muncie Indiana says:

We have 12 casement windows that need replacement operating cranks. Only 2 of them are operational at present. I will be happy to send additional photos or measurements. We also need some replacement locks but I reached the maximum number of files and can send photos of those later. Please let me know what additional information I can provide. No markings were found on any of the devices.

Thank you,

Tom 

Muncie, Indiana

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Detached Operating Crank.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior Swing Hinge.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior View of Casement Swing Arm .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operating Crank (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operating Crank.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Tom.

Thank you for your patience during our busy season. This reminds me of our 39-001 and 39-002 operators, but carefully compare our dimensions to yours and see if this matches what you need. 

Thank you for what I consider a quick and very helpful response. I will order one of the 39-001 or 002 units to be sure they fit before ordering more. I also wonder if you have replacements for the casement window locks shown in the attached photos (interior and exterior photos). The screws on the exterior photo appear to be about 2.5 inches apart.
I greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you again,
Tom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 1a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 2a.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

I can't guarantee that this is what you have without seeing your locking handle removed from the window, but take a look at our 38-165 and 38-166 casement locking handles. Remove yours from the window and compare our dimensions to yours and see if this matches your original hardware. 

No problem, Tom. We're always happy to help! 

Alternate view of 38-165
Alternate view of 38-165
Dimensions for 38-165
Dimensions for 38-165
Hello,
I have attached additional photos of the locking mechanism. I earlier sent a photo of the only one with a remaining handle, the ohers having been broken off. The distance between mounting screws is 2-3/8th inches as in the 38-165 and 166 diagram you provided. Perhaps these photos can help you identify a match?
Please let me know what else I can provide.
Thank you once again,
Tom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 6.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

It's a bit difficult to say since this is damaged, but our 38-165 and 38-166 are certainly similar in design. It will ultimately come down to the dimensions. You said your hole center spacing is 2-3/8", like ours, but be sure to also compare the dimensions of the gap between the base and the hook as shown below:

Alternate view of 38-166
Alternate view of 38-166
Thanks again Emily,
I will just order one of these to see if it will work. I don't know your return policy, but I can live with it either way.
Tom
Profile picture of Emily

No problem, Tom. You can see our return policy here, just in case. We appreciate your business! 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.