Channel Balance ID

A home owner from Royal Palm Beach, FL says:
I am in need of both left and right spring assembly for 2 norandex single hung aluminum windows. Window sizes are 54x33 and 35x33.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 83009879-56F9-4B46-A916-A52AE36F143D.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Can you show me closer pictures of the nylon fittings on either end of the balance? Can you also confirm the length of the metal channel, not including those nylon fittings? Finally, if there is a stamp code on the metal channel we need to see that as well. From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Thanks.

A home owner from Royal Palm Beach, FL says:
The larger one is 24inches of metal channel and stamped on it is 2320 FESE. The smaller one is 15 inches of metal channel and stamped on it is 1420 BS LM. The letters on both of them are hard to make out so that is my best guess. The numbers are clear and correct. The nylon fittings of each end are all broken in some way so this is the best I could do.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 72EA7DF4-6A46-4BF3-92C3-DF4AD192DE3E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9BF665C1-53D4-43F7-B9B2-796C1C4D8326.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 845BEC3D-BB25-408B-A672-B0EC1ADEE574.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E945A741-3D0E-4DB7-99CF-8D6A6FB9DE96.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 27C7A269-5766-48B5-A574-B7C6A92C0A2F.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for posting. Do both sets of balances have the same style of nylon attachments? If so, then for the 15" balances see either our S380-15 or S385-15, and for the 24" balances see our S380-24 or S385-24. The only difference between the Series 380 and Series 385 is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe, so compare both with each set to see which matches best. For the 15" balances, you'd need a stamp option of 1420; for the 24" balances, a stamp option of 2320 will do. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

A home owner from Royal Palm Beach says:
The options look great. I have one measurement issue I wanted to run by you. The bottom shoe you mentioned was different size between the 380 and 385 series are both not the same as mine. My depth is 13/16. Is it ok to go with the 380 series which has the closest measurement at 1 inch?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. If this is the case on all the balances (i.e. the shoe depth is less than 1"), then you might actually have balances that use our 15-029 7/8" deep shoe. None of our standard balances use this, but we'd be happy to custom build balances of both sizes you need with it attached, as well as the 19-005 top. 

I am writing up custom links that for you that I will email to you shortly, one to order (2) 24" balances, stamped 2320, with the 19-005 and 15-029 fittings attached; and another to order (2) 15" balances, stamped 1420, with the same fittings attached. Let me know if you have any other questions prior to ordering. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.