Nu-Air Windows, Single pane, Double Hung, 1986 Originals Believe.

A handy person from Punta Gorda, Florida says:
Hi,
Needing help with these parts. Weather Stripping & Guides Top & Bottom. Thanks, Dale
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210129_164033.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210129_164013.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210129_164511.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210129_164056.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210129_164307.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Good morning, Dale! Based on these photos, I recommend our 18-178 top sash guide. I think this part is just what you were looking for.

Hi,
I think you are right about the top guide, how about the little square bottom guide it snaps in a hole. My weather stripping is black seems to be 7/16 pile, fits in a 1/4 rail seems to measure 5/16 but from what I've read, you do not sell 5/15 base. So what size base do you think it would be? Thank you, Dale
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210129_164033.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

You're right, sorry for overlooking that part of your post. I must have been too excited that I found the right top sash guide. We don't sell a 5/16" base, as you said, but could that be a little off? We have plenty of piles with a 9/23", which is just 1/32" off. We even have an 11/32", which is 1/32" off in the other direction. You can see our complete selection here.

Hi,
Possibly, I could be off some on that wool pile measurement.
How about the bottom guide as shown in this photo? It just snaps in a little hole in bottom of frame. Nu-Air, bottom Face Guide. Thanks, Dale
Also, again on that wool pile. I know you said, that you have a 9/32 bottom base. But do you have it with a 7/16 pile height? Thanks, Dale
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! That white piece is a face guide. That's not any specific type I'm familiar with, but window manufacturers are always changing how these are designed. There's a lot of wiggle room in terms of what you can use as a replacement. I recommend looking at our complete selection here

We don't have a wool pile at 9/32" x 7/16". The tallest we have are the 58-105 and 58-126, which are 9/32" x 11/32".

Hi Tom,

After very carefully measuring the base. It is 3/16 base & the wool pile seems to be either 4/16 or 5/16. It's in such bad shape hard to tell exactually, either should work. Which one would you have? IT IS THE FINNED KIND. Also, the bottom Face guide, I am looking for. My windows are Nu-Air Series 900, Code: N-187-1 if that helps any. Thanks, Dale

Profile picture of Tom

I really can't say what wool pile size you need at this point. I know that it's beat up and hard to measure, but getting an accurate measurement is the only way you're going to find a good match. There's no trick to it beyond that.

This photo here doesn't tell me anything new about the face guide. You'll have to browse through the page I linked you to before to see if any of ours will work. If you still aren't sure, I'll need you to remove this from the window and show me a few other angles. I will also need detailed dimensions.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.