OPTION SELECTION S350-32

A handy person from SAN DIEGO says:
HAVING TROUBLE SELECTING THE CORRECT OPTION. I AM PRETTY CERTAIN I HAVE DETERMINE THE CORRECT CHANNEL BALANCE, THE DIMENSIONS FOR THE TOP & BOTTOM GUIDE SASH CHECKOUT, METAL CHANNEL IS 32". MY WINDOW IS A PHILLIPS PRDUCTS, MARQUEE, SERIES 810, 3'X7'IN SIZE, TO HEAVY FOR ONE PERSON TO REMOVE AND WEIGH. MY CHANNEL IS STAMPED 3190, OTHER CHANNEL STAMPS ARE BSI, OD & 34.
SINCE YOUR OPTION SELECTIONS STOP AT 3160, WHAT OPTION DO I ORDER FOR THE SERIES 350-32 CHANNEL BALANCE? WHAT IS THE ADDED COST?

THANKS,
LARRY
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
3160 may be what you need. This can carry a window sash weight of 32 through 35 pounds. What is the weight of your sash? If it does not fall under any of the ranges we have listed on the chart for our S350-32, then tell me what it is and we can try to help from there.
A handy person from SAN DIEGO says:
HI PAUL,
IN THE SWISCO 350 OPTION LISTINGS THERE IS A 3165 LISTED, WHAT IS IT'S SASH WEIGHT RANGE? WHY IS SPECIFIED WITH NO SASH WEIGHT RANGE? WHY IT IS A LARGE TASK AND TROUBLE SOME TO REMOVE THE WINDOW TO WEIGH IT. I WOULD HAVE TO REMOVE THE SHUTTER FRAME THAT IS AROUND THE WINDOW, BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW IS FOUR FEET ABOVE THE STAIRS, WHICH WOULD REQUIRES TWO PEOPLE ON TWO LADDERS.
I WAS HOPING WITH ALL THE EXTRA INFO I PROVIDED, YOU COULD DETERMINE THE CORRECT REPLACEMENT OPTION AND CONFIRM THE MOST LIKELY WEIGHT RANGE FOR MY WINDOW.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE.
LARRY
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure, a 3165 option can carry a window sash weight of 35 through 39 pounds. I still have a strong suspicion that you need the 3160, though. Check the option on your balance and see if it reads, exactly, "3190 BSI OD 34." If that is correct, then the 3160 should work. If not, then you need to weigh your sash.

The thing is, options ending in the digits "90" are not standard and so it is recommended that you weigh your sash. There is the possibility that your sash weight exceeds even the 3165, which would mean you need a custom made balance.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.