Old Kinco Windows from house built in 1984

A quick learner from Jacksonville, Florida says:
Bathroom 17 A. Metal 1/2 inch wide by 18" long.
Garage 23 D. Metal 12 X 24 inches.
Other windows 3480 stamped. I haven't retrieved it from window yet.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. I'm afraid I'm not sure what your question is. Can you go into more detail? Was there a specific part for your window you needed? If so, we'll need some photos of it to identify.

These are the photos. Window balances are various sizes through out house. Garage are 23 D at 24 inches. Master Bath are 18 inches with 17 A stamped. Front windows are 34 inches with 34 B stamped. With a replacement balance of 3480 stamped. Garage sash is 19 lbs. Master bath is 9 lbs. Other windows are 19 plus in lbs.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0127.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0136.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0135.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0138.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0134.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I see. This makes sense now. Are the nylon fittings on either end of the metal channel identical between all of your balances? If so, see our Series 390. This has a 19-002 top and 15-001 bottom nylon fitting. Carefully look over our measurements and photos to confirm that these are the same. I think this looks like it could be it, but it can be tricky to eyeball sometimes. I highly recommend confirming.

If all of your balances are the Series 390, then you can browse our selection of lengths on the Series 390 homepage.

I re-measured and came up with 1 and 1/16 give or take a 32nd. So does that really make that much difference when ordering? So the 1 1/16 is close enough for my needs? I may be slightly off on the exactness. But it is larger than an inch. I will be ordering more than a dozen balances and some other misc. parts so I want to very certain before purchasing.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0139.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

In that case, I think you should go with the Series 390. A measurement like that makes me think your shoe was once 1-1/8" deep but wore down from use over the years. It happens all the time.

If you receive these balances and they end up being too deep, then you can always shave them down a hair. 

Thanks Tom! I will place an order today for the 390 series.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you! That means a lot. Please let us know how it works out or if you run into any issues. We're happy to help out as best as we can.

Profile picture of Tom

That's a tough one. Other than size, is the window the same as the ones that took the Series 390 we previously discussed? If so, our Series 390 will probably work for this, as well.

From there, we would need to calculate the proper size and spring strength. You don't want to guess, but we have methods you can use to figure it out. Please tell me the height of the visible glass and the exact weight of the sash. With that information we'll be able to determine the proper Series 390 for this window.

What do you do if one window is missing both balances. One rear bedroom window is an odd size compared to the rest. the window itself measures 50 1/4 wide x 25 3/4 tall with a weight of 21 lbs. Any ideas on backtracking or guessing the size of the balance?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0140.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0141.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0142.JPG
Another pic of top balance guide. It's different than the rest.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0143.JPG
Just realized this is a sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The top sash guide in your last few pics doesn't look like the original. It also looks like someone altered it by drilling a hole. The most common top sash guide for Kinco windows is our 18-166. Look this over and see if you could get that to work regardless. 

Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul

My pleasure! Let me know if you need anything else.

I received order quite promptly but I am having issues with fit. When I installed new balances (which are correct in length), I could not close window securely and bottom of balance would hang out of sash. I was concerned that I may have measured wrong, I didn't. Then I was wondering if I measured a balance that was not the original and the size was off, It wasn't. It was after taking a properly working window sash out and looking very closely at the balances that I noticed a difference of the bottom shoe. The length and width are fine but the depth is off by about and eighth or more. I took pictures to show the difference. I also need some replacement top sash guides. The ones I ordered are off. My fault and I'll keep the ones that altered to try to fit. I was advised that the 390 series was the way to go. Please help!
Profile picture of Paul

Ah, I'm sorry to hear you ran into trouble. Your original shoe was 1-1/16" deep, which usually indicates a 1-1/8" shoe that wore down over time. 

I actually just talked to my colleague Jody, though, and it sounds like everything is taken care of. Sorry again about the mixup! We're always here to  help if you need us.

I am sending the new balances back along with an old balance and top sash guide. I hope this will help with matching since apparently I'm lacking in that department.

Thanks again!
Profile picture of Paul

Sounds good! I'm confident we'll be able to get you what you need. We'll let you know!

Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for submitting your samples! After reviewing everything you sent us, we recommend our S351-18 with a 1720 stamp, an S351-24 with a 2340 stamp, an S351-35 with a 3430 stamp, and an S351-35 with a 3440 stamp.

The top sash guide is our 18-172. We don't currently have this in black, but we're working on having it made in white and I'll let you know the moment it's available in our inventory.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.