Old Sears best storm door

A quick learner from PA says:
Hi, I have an old Sears best storm door that is one and three-quarter inch thick. Would you happen to have an entire replacement for the handle on the outside and the inside as mine has completely broken in half. I took this picture from your website because it's exactly like the one I have I Don't really need the door to lock on the outside, just one with a replacement bolt on the inside. The door also opens from the right if it's not a straight up and down handle. What would you suggest? Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 51DFF0DF-2C37-4655-AFCD-7CDCD3D34DCD.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hopefully I can help! I am afraid your old Sears Storm Door Handle Set isn't made anymore. We do, however, have a substitute. Look at the 40-131 lever handle set with deadbolt. This is similar to yours, but without a key cylinder to unlock it from the out side. If you want key access, you would need to install the 40-058 lever handle with dead bolt.

A quick learner from PA says:
Thank you for your reply. One more question if I may, would the 40-130 work? Not crazy about the gold. The problem I have is that the door is 1 3/4 thick and each replacement handle I find, the spindles are too short. It says it will fit up to a 2 3/4" thick door. Judging by the photo, that handle looks like it would mount on the right side of the door which is exactly what I need. Just want to make sure the photo wasn't placed backwards on your site.
Lol
Thanks again!

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have stated: the 40-130 is functionally the same as the 40-131, it just comes in white or black instead. Both these handle sets actually can be installed on either side of the door, so they should definitely fit your needs. Let us know if you have any other questions!

A home owner from Pennsylvania, USA says:

HI- on 5/27/2014 I ordered from your company the inside interior handle.

They were on your order # 528177 for AN INTERIOR HANDLE PART 40- 185. I could not find the part in your system. It is an interior handle for a Sears storm door. I attached 3 photos- The latch is broken on the inside.

Thanks!

Tom 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This handle has unfortunately been discontinued and is no longer made. Like my colleagues explained back in 2019, our recommended substitute is the 40-130. We find this works perfectly well as an alternative.

A home owner from Pennsylvania, USA says:
PLEASE ADVISE WHAT I CAN ORDER AS A REPLACEMENT.
PICTURES ARE ATTACHED.
THANKS!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure I understand. I recommended the 40-130 in my last response. Did you review this handle set yet? Is there any reason you don't think this will work?

How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.