Old sliding window sash lock

A home owner from Sunnyvale California says:
Hi I need to find a replacement part for the window sash lock. Width between screws are 2-1/4" standard. However, I will need something close to 1mm in order for the extruding lock portion to engage with the window. Most common one I found are just half the way reaching the window frame. I found the sash lock with shifting screw hole may work but not yet verified.

Secondly I will need to find the "groove finder & lock", sorry I'm not sure how to name these correctly. It's currently not sitting inside the groove so when first it's hard to slide and second the window will tilt and fall off because of it. The width of the screw is 2-1/2" and the groove sits between 12 - 21mm. Please see the picture for details.

Please see if there's any dimension needed. Thanks in advance!

Tim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5371.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5369.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5370.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5251.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5250.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your first photo shows the top tilt latch on the wrong side of the window. I'd recommend swapping your two top tilt latches so that the curved part of the tooth sits against the window balance. By doing that, you close the gap between the top sash and bottom sash. 

The locking tongue of the 90-005 extends 7/16", while the 90-075 lock extends 1/2". Unfortunately, it comes in bronze. Using an offset mounting lock would not work because it would bring the housing over the sash and it might hit the top sash. Take a look and see what you think.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.