Old slim fold door hardware

A home owner from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada says:

Good day. Glad I found your site. I need to replace the 4 pins on each door because the old ones have worn out or broke. The plastic pin holders fall out or are broken.

When I tried to reinstall with the old parts it was difficult to place properly. One of the top holders will only move a little ways before it binds. Is there anything in the track to prevent this or has track been damaged to prevent it from moving?

Would love to have these working properly again after years of grinding, binding and falling out of track. Thanks for your quick response.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You do in fact have an old style Slimfold door with a slight difference from the new Slimfold doors made today. It seems your pivot bracket ( our newer style bracket is 21-200) is not in the correct position in the track. It should actually be closer to the end of the track. The screw that secures it may have come loos over time. Your threaded pivot pin is very similar to the newer version, the 21-001. The rod clamp also has a newer version, the 21-154. But from what I can see yours looks fine. The hardware that has changed is the spring loaded guide pin. Take a look at the 21-007. There will not be any need to use the rod clamp with this pin. Look over the media guide on this page that shows how to install the guide pin. If the track is damaged from moving, we do offer similar track replacements. Look over our 21-401.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Great! Thank you, and thanks for coming to SWISCO.

A home owner from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada says:
Thank you for the information. I look forward to getting my doors back in place. Will pass your website onto others.
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.