Older PGT CASEMENT WINDOW LOCKs

A quick learner from Boca Raton, FL says:
We've had these casement PGT windows for around 18 years.
I've enclosed a photo of the existing locks.
I haven't found any markings either. They're about 3 to. 3
Door handle
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe we have an exact match for this lock. Start by looking at our 38-036 to see if this is a match. You may want to remove the original from the window to confirm that it matches up, since much of your hardware is obscured while installed.
A quick learner from Fort Lauderdale FL says:
I have the same PGT window locks, and the 38-036 is indeed the correct replacement (I am on the site ordering more now). Make sure you get the shims as well.
A home owner from Boca Raton, FL says:
I'm delighted to tell all that the casement lock you recommend fits perfectly and is a great fit/replacement! So I've ordered 10 of them and will begin to start the process of replacing them all! I just need another 16 0r so. Additionally, I found that the shim is absolutely necessary for a good fit. And that the old screws won't fit the new 38-036 locks in my situation, so I'd advise spending the 16 cents for each lock. I can't thank you guys enough for helping to resolve this problem once and for all.
I always wondered why my contractor gave me a dozen extra locks when they were installed over 15 years ago...now we know that the PGT locks were cheap, flimsy and broke easily! I don't think these well-made replacements will have those problems.

Sincerely,
Tom K in Boca Raton Florida
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.