One side of window broke

A home owner from Sunrise, Florida says:
One side of window broke and now it is hard to open and close. The file labeled FullSizeRender-3 is the broken side, the other two are of the good side. I need to know what parts to order. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FullSizeRender.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FullSizeRender-3.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You will need to remove the sash so we can see the side load balance you have. To do this on your sash, you need to remove the two top vinyl stops, then raise the sash all the way up to disconnect the balances from the sash. Look over our media guide videos to help you. We will need the length of the metal channel and the number stamped on it. We will also need to see the top and bottom fittings and need the depth of the bottom shoe.

Hi Paul, I was able to remove the sash and both of the balances look fine. I also inspected the two top sash guides and they appear fine. Is it possible that the balance on one side just came unhooked from the top sash guide?
Thanks,
Frank
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Frank, if the springs and balance ends are fine, then maybe the balance just unhooked when someone raised the sash too high.

Thanks Paul!

Hi Paul,

I need the part numbers to order for the Top Sash Guide and the Balance.

This is for window 1.

Thank you,

Frank

User submitted photos of a window balance.

Hi Paul,

I need the part numbers to order for the Top Sash Guide and the Balance.

This is for window 2.

Thank you,

Frank

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Frank, thanks for posting. For the first window, your Top Sash Guide looks like our 18-009. For the second window, your Top Sash Guides look like the 18-181. Compare both with your old parts and see what you think. As far as the Channel Balances go, we can replace both, but they will have to be custom made due to their unique design. For the first window's balances, can you show us the clip at the end of the cord that rests inside the nylon shoe? We need to identify the style of this clip before we get this order made up for you. Many thanks.

I have added the clip photos of both windows. I also measured the metal part of the channel balances: window 1 is 17 3/4" x 9/16" and window 2 is 12" x 9/16".
I will need two balances for each window made. Please let me know how much and what is next.
Thank you,
Frank
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Frank. I've sent you an email with custom links to order pairs of both balances you need. Let me know if you have any questions about the orders or the information listed. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.