One window, two sash, 2 - 15" white springs Balances and 2 - 17" spring balances

A quick learner from New Braunfels, TX says:
these are pretty old, the tube was plastic which cracked as removed them the tips seem tp be white, the sashes are wooden and non - tilt
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220926_094658.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220926_094713.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220926_094727.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Are the outer tubes for these balances 5/8" (or 9/16") in diameter? If so, I recommend our Series 500 and the 17-012 bracket that is sold separately. I'm confident our modern balance will work for you as long as your outer tube diameter matches ours. You'll just need to weigh your sash on a scale to determine the appropriate color tip option for your replacements. 

A quick learner from Baton Rouge, LA says:
I have the same type of balances and brackets, along with the spiral shank nail fasteners, in my windows. I'm going to replace them with the Series 500 balances (25" and 27") and 17-012 brackets. My only question is, what size screws do I need for the new balances and brackets?
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

You can use a #8 screw but the length will be a huge variable. You'll need to use your best judgment on how deep you think you can drill without hitting the glass. With old window sashes like this, it's always going to be different. 

I hope this helps! 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.