1521027 Andersen Operator Replacement

A quick learner from PA says:
I'm looking for an Andersen awning operator, part number 1521027. I can't find anything by that part number anymore. Is there another part number that would work?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I was unable to cross-reference that number to any particular operator. Could you show us a picture of the awning operator you need replaced, with everything in view, including the link arm(s)? This will help us identify what you need. Thanks.

Sorry, the part number I gave you was what I had on file. The actual part number on the operator is different. It is 1521101. I'm not seeing anything that matches that either so I'm sending pictures.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for replying back with photos and providing the additional information. Start with taking a look at our 39-099 Andersen Awning Operator to see if this looks like it will work.

It is very close but the screws holes are only 3 11/16" apart instead of almost 4 1/2" on mine.
Profile picture of Bob

It's possible you have an older version. Was your window made anywhere from 1995 to 1998? If so, you'll need our 39-362 adapter plate in order to install it in your window. 

If your window doesn't fall in that time frame, then I'm afraid we have no other options. Andersen really only makes this operator one way these days. You may need to drill new installation holes.

The windows were installed in 1998. I was looking at the adapter plate and couldn't quite figure out what it does. I'm assuming we would still need to drill new holes? Will the old operator covers & handles still work or will I need new ones of those as well?
Profile picture of Bob

You should be able to use your old cover and handles, yes. At least concerning those, Andersen hasn't changed their design very much over the years at all.

OK. Thanks for all your help.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.