Operator cover for older Anderswon casement window

A handy person from Fostoria, OH says:
No screw holes- snap fit? Brown color. 7191-17 stamped inside around crank opening
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid Andersen no longer makes a cover without screw holes. That said, I think our 39-154 could still work. Your operator should have the accommodating screw holes. Let me know if it doesn't, though, and we can work from there.
A handy person from Fostoria, OH says:
Since my old cover didn't use screws, and I will be ordering the version that does use screws (part # 39-154) do you have the screws available for it in stone color?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Well, it would depend on what Andersen operator you have now. There are a few different styles that use the same kind of covers. The newer operators like the 39-095 use a 1-3/8" screw that goes through the cover and into the window sill. You could damage your operator with a screw that was too long. Personally, I believe it would be best to use a short flat head screw like the 33-080 (or even shorter) to fill up the holes in the cover. To keep the screw in place, try using a little bit of caulking, maybe a silicone type. Check with a local hardware store in your area to see what they suggest.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.