Operator and Hinge

A quick learner says:
anyway reference code 36-048 where 1 of parts is 10inces long mine is 10.5 long . another 1 where it says yours 7 .5/8 mine is 6.3/8 or 6 .5 my says hg04-2000. also u send picture of code 39-172. where yours says 5 inches my is only 4 inches .also yours 3 1/8 mine 2 and half . in between screws yours says 3 inches mine the same. if u look at mi past orders i think i already bought a 36-048 to see if it works. i know the measuremnts are diferent but maybe they work .i need to fix 5 windos and just dont want to buy then trow out .. either way i would like to thank for trying to help im just a homeowner i honestly i dont know anything about this again thank god bless
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named atafa.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named atafa2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've come across this hinge many times in the past and, in my experience, the 36-048 works great as a replacement. Your dimensions differ from ours but not by much. You'll just need to replace the top and bottom hinges at the same time. 

As for the operator, the 39-172 is not a match. I think our 39-330 is closer but I would need to see the end of the link arm to be 100% sure. 

A quick learner says:
thank u very much for your help .you linnette and everybody else. in other words because i dont know nothing about this . i would need to sets of 36-048 for which window for top and bottom . and then 2 of 39-330 for kranks. or do i need kranks a 39-330 rh and a 39-329 lh . thank u . the quiker u let me know the quiker. ill buy just for 1 window to make sure.
A quick learner says:
also the handles would need to be bought sepeaterly. if might as well give me the reference # thank u . this is small world i just found out now your co. is from pennsaken nj. i pass by there every thrsday going into phili.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Emily isn't here today, but I'd be happy to assist you.

The 39-330 operator matches the one you show in your photos. If you needed the opposite handed side, that would be the 39-329. However that only depends on whether the opposite handed side is broken or not. If it's still working there's no need to replace it. Both operators are compatible with the 39-232.

This is also assuming that the 39-330 is a match. While I do think it's our closest option, you need to carefully look it over to ensure everything matches. Take special note of the end of the link arm and how it uses a peg to connect to the sash bracket. If yours is different, we need to see it.

All orders can be placed on our site at your convenience. 

A home owner from new jersey says:

i-330 9ve just order a 36-048 because i already have 1. or a 39-330 and a 39-329. hanles no. my question. do u think i need .roto sash brakets 39-553 or 39-554 or 39-232. im going by trial and error. in the words of rosanne rosanadana if its not 1 think its always another.if u not a fan of snl from 80 or 90 u wont get joke. gilda 

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

If your old brackets are in working order you can just reuse them. For a compatible handle, I recommend our 39-232

When it comes to the 36-048 hinge set, just make sure you replace the top and bottom hinges at the same time. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.