Ordered 39-026 in white and it is wrong crank operator for my windows.

A home owner from South Florida says:

-as shown in pictures: The part that moves with the handle) is shaped to curve facing up. My original handles all have that part curved to face down. When my original part is closed nothing sticks out. When the 39-026 closes there are gear teeth sticking out and because of this I just can not close my window after it is installed. All other measurements are the same and the part fits, but will not close the window all the way.

-I saw parts 39-011 and 39-012 and they look like they will work, but they have only larger holes drilled. My original one had a thread bushing and my others all have bushings or smaller holes with screw threads in the hole.

-If I return part number 39-026 and order the 39-011 and 39-012 (I would like to buy a L.H & R.H) I do not know how to install them to the rail, since the rail will have the same size hole as this operating crank part has.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C9C0A7F8-E786-4E10-8A55-2CEE1550D5D0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 623F7875-C500-42E9-93E8-B7089FDBA0D7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 72901BA7-EAEE-4B46-9157-C8B7958E9B0D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0475FA88-4B01-471A-8C7E-C9FFE9442FFD.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in, and sorry to hear about your troubles. You can view our Return Policy here. I am honestly not sure why the gear is getting in the way. I know the original operator used by Silverline had a cut gear, but in the past I have replaced it with the 39-025 without any problem. Take a look at the operators used on the Crossly windows, the 39-251 and the 39-252. These have a short link arm that has a threaded hole at the end which takes the shoulder screw 33-067. It also has that cut gear that you say you need. Now, take note you might need to drill out the hole in the window linkage to use the shoulder screw. Let me know what you think.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.