Outer Fold out sash spring

A handy person from Maryland says:
The wife snapped the Pivot bars (26-226) which I just replaced after your quick order turnaround on the inside window sash. The outer sash on left side appears to have a broken or detached spring as pictured. Do you have replacement parts I will need? How do I access the spring mechanism to replace or repair? The installation company is no longer in business. Installed in 2009. Thank you
A handy person from Maryland says:
I managed to spread the channel and remove the broken part(s) and photograph for your review. I could find no identifying name or number on the part(s). I believe this to be a "constant force balance." Do you have this part? Thank you
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, there. It looks like you have our 15-175 coil balance shoe. This is usually used with the series 152 coil balance.  Check the metal coil for a number that indicates how many pounds it can carry. If you can't find that, you'll want to weigh your sash and divide that weight by the number of coils that support it. For example; if your sash weighs 10 lbs, you'll need two 5 lbs coils. If you need new support hardware look at 15-143, 15-144 and 15-145. This is assembled like a sandwich, with your coil in the middle. It looks a little different than the original but should work just the same.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.