Owens Corning Window parts

A home owner from USA says:

Good morning.

I have Owens Corning fiberglass windows that need replacement parts.

I have attached a picture of the serial number for this window.

In addition to Spiral balance and pivot shoes, I additionally need a charge tool and replacement vent latches. I cant seem to find a vent latch match on your website as mine has a metal hook that runs along the entire length behind the body.

Finally, it looks like the center sash guide is held in place by 3 screws and can be removed. Is this a replacement part too?

It seems that either wear or contaminants have become lodged in the pivot shoe tracks and so they bind. Perhaps they might need replacement.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Your pivot shoe looks like our 15-212, which is is 1-1/4" wide and 9/16" thick. The window balance, meanwhile, looks like our Series 600 with a 5/8" diameter tube and blue tip. Finally, I recommend our 75-006 charging tool. 

As for the screws in the middle parting bead, they might be used as adjustments to tighten the sides of the window track to the sash. Removing them might not remove the bead, but I'm not sure.

A home owner from USA says:
OK thank you very much.
I will order parts for one window to see that it works and then start the rebuild process for the other 19 windows.

What about this?
It's a vent latch 2-3/8" long X 3/8" wide with just under an 1/8" flange around it to cover the hole in the window frame. Each window has (2) of them
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Wow, that's a weird vent latch. I've never seen this exact style before. We have one or two that are sorta similar in design, but nothing matches those dimensions you gave. The closest is perhaps our 26-354, but it's a little big. The design is still very different and I have my doubts if it will work.

You may want to contact the original supplier of the window to see if they have this exact style. If not, the only thing we have that might work is a surface-mount type like our 26-387. Watch the video below to determine if this can work on your window. Sorry I couldn't get you anything closer!

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.