Spiral Balance Repair Parts

A home owner from Jupiter, FL says:

PGT 53" x50 " PGT hurricane single hung window repair parts

I need eight (8) 24" 5/8 hook feet to repair the spiral window balances on 4 single hung PGT hurricane windows that were installed 10 years ago and the window balances are completely rotted. I also need 8 PGT face guides. If there are any improvements in the balance mechanisms for these windows, I need to consider your suggestions.

Also, can you point me to a utube video that covers the replacement and the tools needed?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1849.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. We'd be happy to help you replace the balances and face guides; but it would be best to see these parts removed from the window. See the video below for details about spiral balance identification.

Per your request, attached is a photo of the PGT balance tube.

The balance tube is 24" and the tip is black. Tube diameter is 5/8". I will need 8 balance tubes plus 8 face guides.

Please let me know the price and how to order. Thank You.

Robert

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1855.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to us. We're getting close. I'm afraid I need to see the clip at the end of the spiral balance in closer detail. It's the one thing I can't quite pin down. This one looks pretty corroded, but if you can provide a closer picture, or maybe a photo from an undamaged version, that would help wrap this up. As far as your Face Guides, we'd be happy to help you replace these as well, though seeing a photo of an old one removed from the window would help. You can also review our selection of face guides here.

I have attached the face guide picture with the best picture available of the end of the spiral balance. How the spiral balance attaches to the bottom of the window is difficult to see. It does not have a screw in clip as best I can determine. I believe the face guide is your model 67-014.

Please note the balance has a white 23.5" PVC cover. I need those as well.

I hope this information is sufficient. Thank you. Robert R. Lehman
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1861.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

Yep, I agree. Our 67-014 looks like a great match.

I'm afraid I still cannot determine what your balance was. Now that I have a closer look at the end, it's too corroded to make out. Do you have an undamaged version we can see? I can tell you, at the very least, that this will likely have to be a special order. I believe your balance has a custom clip installed at the end. We can definitely help, but we definitely need to see an undamaged version of that bottom clip.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)