PGT Casement Window Series 740 & 640 Operator

A home owner from Florida, USA says:

I spoke with PGT directly and they do not have parts in their warehouse for this model. Can you help me? I need a casement window operator for PCT Casement Window Series 740 & 640 (numbers found on a silver label inside the window). Window color is white.

Photos are attached.

In addition to the operator, there is a plastic slide that the operation arm plug into on the window that also needs replacement.

Many of the windows rubber seals wearing out and need replacement as well.

Thank you

- Gary

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D274444 Casement Series 740 640 b.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D274444 Casement Series 740 640 a.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during these busy holidays, Gary. 

It's difficult to ID your operator from these photos, but the design reminds me of the 39-330. Look it over and see if you agree.

Ultimately, you will want to remove the operator from the window to confirm that this is a match. Too many important details are obscured in these pictures.

Alternate image for 39-330
Alternate image for 39-330

Side profile view with measurements
Side profile view with measurements

Thank you for your reply. The operator you are referring to is not a match. I have attached additional pictures. I hope this helps.

I also have a few questions and would like to speak with you directly.

Thank You

Gary

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named gWisgoCasementSeries 740 & 640 r.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named gWisgoCasementOperator a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named gWisgoCasementOperator b.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! These new photos are perfect, thank you so much!

My top recommendation now is the 39-253RB. I'm very confident that this is the part you want for your window. Note that this is the newer Encore style that Truth makes, meaning that it doesn't have a cover permanently attached like your old ones; instead, that's sold separately under the 39-452.

Dimensions for 39-253RB
Dimensions for 39-253RB

Thank you for the info. I believe you found the correct operator.
I also need the plastic slider part the operator attaches to and need to replace some black seals that have detiorated.
Do you have these in your inventory.
I appreciate the help.
- Gary
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221206_101423.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221206_101337.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221206_101256.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! That black slider would be our 39-529, which is fully compatible with the above operator.

I'm afraid I don't know what seal is used on this window. The only way I can check to see if we have a match is to see an undamaged sample removed, which I know will be difficult since it's so deteriorated. I would try your best to get an intact sample and show me the end profile. I can then check to see if we sell anything in the same style.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221216_100230.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221216_100210.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I unfortunately can't really make it out from these photos, either. It's just a little too damaged. The insert itself appears to be missing from these photos, so right now I don't know how it's supposed to install.

For now, see our 58-135. This has a "T" shaped insert and is meant to install by sliding into the track from the end. See if this is a match for your original sample.

Profile view of 58-135
Profile view of 58-135

Tom, I called yesterday and you were not in. I was told to send you another note here because the person I spoke to could not help.

Thanks to your ongoing communications, I have an order ready to go except for one thing. The window has two different weather seals and I need both. 58-135 is on the inside part of the window, and there is another one on the outside edge of the window. Please see the attached picture. The outer most seal is not the bubble type, but it looks like a flap. Do you have this type of seal?

Also, is there an easy way to remove and install these seals? There seems to be no easy way to remove and install a new seal because the metal ends of the window are closed with no apparent way to start the new seal into the groove. Do you have an installation video?

Thanks again for all the help.

- Gary

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named gWisgoCasementSeries 740 & 640 r.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello, Gary. I'm afraid that it's not possible to ID this weatherstripping as long as it's installed. You will need to remove a small sample to measure and review the shape of the end profile, as shown in the diagram above for our 58-135.

If the ends of the weatherseal channel are sealed then you will need to make notches to allow for removal. The video below will show you how this can be done.

Tom, I received the operator parts and comparing to the old part, there are a few differences that prevent installation. Please see the attached pictures.

1) mounting holes in the base are missing
2) angles on metal arm is different
3) base is larger.

I will have to return these parts because they do not fit. Is there another compatible replacement part?

Any help would be appreciated as this has become a real problem for me and the window has now been out of service for a few months.

Thank You

- Gary
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, Gary. I have seen your old operator before and it is unfortunately not made anymore. I do think the part that Tom recommended is our best option and you still may be able to get it to work, but it will take some handiwork.

Specifically you could cut the opening in the frame where this installs to be a little larger and then use a piece of AZEK trim at the bottom of the sill. That would let the new operator install.

However, this is not necessarily a guarantee and I would only recommend trying this if you have the assistance of a handyman or if you've done something like it before. It can be tricky.

If that's not something you want to try, I fully understand. You can return it for a refund instead, but we unfortunately don't have anything else that might work better. See our return policy here.

Dave, thank you for the reply. I will study further and, if I can't use the part you sent me, I will return them.

- Gary
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good. Please let me know if you had any further questions and I'd be happy to assist.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.