PGT window balance

A home owner from Fort Myers, FL says:
Good day -

Need (4) replacement balances for two PGT windows. Dimensions are 61" top to bottom and 51" left to right. On each balance is stamped the following: 29 6 AX CMC 7.

Two requests:
1) Please help me identify the replacement balances that SWISCO stocks.
2) Is there a training video you recommend showing how best to replace the balances.

THANKS SO MUCH AND STAY HEALTHY! Doug
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Doug. I am confident we can help locate a good replacement. It sounds like your balances may still be installed in the window. If so, we need for you to remove them and upload some images of the complete balance for us to see. I will post a video below on how this is done. We will also need for you to confirm the metal length measurement of the balance. Make sure to measure the metal length only, not including the nylon fittings. Thank you.

Hi Manuela

Good news and thank you! I will get this information to you on Wednesday. Appreciate the video as well.

Doug
Profile picture of Casey

Sounds great, thank you. 

Hi Manuela -

Thank you in advance for your time and effort in helping me find the replacement window balances. The pictures are of a PGT window balance with the metal segment being about 30 inches long.

Doug
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1015.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1014.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1013.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1012 (1).JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1011 (2).JPG
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us with photos. Have a look at our S380-30 and S385-30 channel balances. Depending on the 'depth' measurement of your bottom balance shoe will determine which of the two balances is the better match. Measure the depth of your bottom shoe, the way is shown in the diagram below, to confirm you're measuring your part the correct way.  Whichever one chosen will use a 2960 option that holds a sash weight of 32-35 pounds. 

Alternate view of 15-004
Alternate view of 15-004
Profile picture of Casey

That's great news, Doug. Be sure and get back in touch with us and let us know how everything worked out for you. 

Hi Manuela -

Thanks much and the picture really helps as well.

I agree with you that the 2960 option is the way to go - the sash SEEMS to weigh 30 pounds, but I am not as strong as I used to be...

Based on your picture, I believe our measurement is 1 3/32.

Hope this helps! Thanks much! Doug

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.