PLASTIC SPRING RETAINER AT BOTTOM OF TRACK ON DOUBLE SASH TILT WINDOWS

A quick learner from MICHIGAN says:
RETAINER HOLDING SPRING IN PLACE BY SINGLE SCREW IS CRACKED AND NEEDS REPLACEMENT. CRACKED AT THREADED HOLE FOR SCREW. NOW SCREW WONT STAY IN.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A quick learner from MICHIGAN says:
I THINK THIS PART IS CALLED A Bottom Sash Spiral Balance Clip. IT RETAINS THE SPIRAL SPRING

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The screw in your window pivot shoe is an additional security method to secure the spiral from the Series 600 tilt balance from coming out. Your balance and pivot shoe will work without it. Many vinyl window companies don't include a screw with the pivot shoe. If your window is operating with no problem, I would leave it alone right now.
A quick learner from Howell Mi. says:
Great, thank you so much. The window works fine. I was concerned when the screw fell out but again, the window operates just fine so I'll leave it alone!
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.