A home owner from Long Island ny says:
Need replacement lock. Broken. When I went to remove the locking device
Fell into the door
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0D10EE7F-C4EF-414E-A95F-D0C4B54267F6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AE61F752-5B6F-482D-B5E1-1FAE87D61445.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sounds like you need a new mortise lock. See our 82-218, I'm confident this will work for your door. We also have a handy replacement tutorial video that will help keep the next one from falling in the door.

A home owner from Long Island ny says:
So the lock measurements are correct however the lock I received has a rectangular back and the opening for the lock is curved on the top/ bottom so the lock doesn't fit.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DFF9E9B8-0C86-44B6-8173-244DC24147B9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2215BB82-8AF7-448D-AA33-B2ADF9CE163E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We hear this a lot. The 82-218 will still fit in the hole. You need to put it in at kind of an angle, just like how we show in the photo. The fit will also seem like it's tight, maybe as if the lock is too big for the hole, but don't be fooled. It's made to be tight so that the lock snaps in and doesn't fall into your door.

Trust me, it'll work. If you refer to the video I linked and follow what Mike does then you'll definitely get the 82-218 to work in your door.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.