PSH Lock

A quick learner says:
Hello,

Could you please help me get another lock?

Thanks you all are the best.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 119E068F-A080-4218-85BB-53ECBF945BAF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 40F05C1D-248C-4F6F-990E-652776FB0FB7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 654FB3E7-9373-463E-9AC5-02C2E25663CB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FDFD4690-6984-401F-A14A-BA7F0BA40BCB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 77931F8E-FA2E-4994-8BE5-1F5A9F57FD06.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We may be able to help with this, but before I recommend anything I'd like a little more context. Can you show me the handle set this goes with? Can you also tell me what kind of door this is, be it sliding, storm, French, or something else?

A quick learner says:
I have PSH lock on my Cole Sewell screen door. I'm looking for a replacement thumb turn. The length of the lock is close to 2 3/8. Do you know if your product code: 40-123 has worked for people who have these PSH locksets? The screw hole is centered on the lock.

Before I do anything, would it make sense that the internals are bad? When I turn the inside tumbler it spins freely without engaging the actual lock latch. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4931.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It definitely sounds like something inside the lock has broken, yes. The problem is that I'm not very confident that our 40-123 will work with a Cole Sewell mortise lock. In all likelihood you will need an all new lockset, including mortise and handle. That said, we have dimensions on the 40-123 store page that may help you come to a decision.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.