Pacesetter Balances

A quick learner from USA says:
I have a Pacesetter double hung window that the pivot bars and cams went out on. I've picked up that hardware from Swisco, but ran into a snag with one of the balances having its coil smashed up as I went to do the installation.

The only identifying marks on the balances is the letter "B" on the lower balance, and the letter "C" with an "L" underneath for the upper balance.

I don't have a scale at this time to measure the weight of the window.

Also, if you have a suggestion on how to get a pivot bar out from the window because it is broke off at the screw hole, I'm all ears.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You can use Series 152-3 for both the B and the C coil springs.

As for your trouble removing the pivot bar, I have some advice. Sometimes, if you turn the sash on its side, the pivot bar might fall out. Alternately, you can pull it out with a pair of needle nose pliers. If not, just slide the new pivot bar into the sash, and it will push the broken bar further into the sash. Sashes usually have a hollow space inside their frame, and it's fine to leave a broken pivot bar stuck in there, if need be.
A home owner from Wisconsin says:
Quick follow up:
I was able to determine that the window is roughly 19 lbs. Will that make any change in the recommendation for the 3 lb coils?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you are using two springs on each side, you can use our S152-5 coil springs.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.