Pado Latao Replacement Trim Set for 3 Storm Doors

A contractor from Colorado says:

Greetings,

I've seen a thread showing an option for this, but its several years old and my specs are a little different.

• 7 3/4" high narrow trim set
  • 3/4 or 7/8" backset
  • 3" center of deadbolt lock to center of lever handle
  • 1 1/4" metal storm door

Need matching strike plates

Need qnty 3

Need Bronze, Black or Something Silver, Satin Nickel or Chrome

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage6WSgD9.gif
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The old Pado lockset hasn't been made in a long time, unfortunately. The only lockset we carry that might work is our 40-049. I think this might be the one you saw on our site elsewhere because while it is similar, its specs are still a little different.

I've heard mixed results on how much of an issue those differences may be. Some customers have told me that it installs just fine, others have told me that it takes a little adaptation to fit on the door. It seems to be different depending on who's using it.

I can't really tell you for sure if you'll have an easier time or not, but what I can tell you is that it is our best and only option. I'm optimistic it can work either way, but just note that it might take a little work. 

If you wanted peace of mind, you can see our return policy here.

Thanks Tom. You missed the note about finish. I am replacing it bc I don't want brass. Will 40-183 or 40-097 work? Cheers
Profile picture of Tom

You're right, I'm sorry. I did miss that note.

The 40-097 should be fine, then. That is exactly the same handle set as the 40-049, just available in different finishes.

Great, ordering today. Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you kindly, we appreciate your order! Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.