Pado lock replacement

A quick learner from USA says:
Good morning I am looking to replace a Pado lock with a complementary single key thumb turn mortise lock. Ideally I'd like to have the replacement with a rekeyable Schlage key blank
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6762_thumb.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6771_thumb.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6761_thumb.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6772_thumb.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6760_thumb.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This old Pado lock isn't made anymore, but I've had past customers tell me that the 40-049 works perfectly well as a replacement. Look it over and let me know what you think!

A quick learner from USA says:
Thank you so much for your response. Would 82-400 work in as a replacement as well. I am looking for a mortise lock set that would fit in the space that was occupied by the Pado but has a thumb turn and a rekeyable Schlage. Do you have a product that would satisfy these conditions?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

No, I don't believe that the 82-400 will work for this door. The mortise lock is just way too deep. To my knowledge the 40-049 is the only product we carry that is compatible with this old Pado door. Please understand that this door is very old and its hardware isn't really mad anymore. Your options will be limited. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.