Pan Am Alum. Sliders 40 yrs old

A handy person from Marco Island, FL says:
Bought a roll of 9/32 x 1/8 (58-004). To wide and I can't tell which depth makes tight fit with 1/8 to skimpy.
I see to possibile choices..58-158 or 58-050. Any Advice
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! What were the dimensions of your original wool pile? If you have no original pile to measure, what is the width of the slot?
A handy person from Ref# 14905 says:
What I measure with my machinest ruler is the slot is 1/4 inch wide (my bought roll is 9/32) Just a
1/32" too wide. The pile in most spots is down to the webbing base...but there is a back of the window webbing that is crushed but possibly 1/4" ?
Any advice is appreciated Kevin
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
58-158 might be a good fit, as the base measures 7/32", just light of 1/4". It's hard to say for sure without knowing the original height, however.
A handy person from Marco Island, FL says:
Your advise sounds good,This will definetely help
I am ordering the 58-158 today. Thank you, Kevin D
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.