Part 10-057

A home owner from Lafayette, CA says:

I am wondering if Part 10-057 is what I need to replace a damaged ball latch. There are three pieces to my item: (1) a cylinder that is 1-1/8" high with a 5/8" diameter opening at one end, (2) a threaded insert that is about 3/8" high and screws into the cylinder, and (3) a metal ball that fits inside the insert and protrudes above the lip. There is also a spring that pushes against the ball, and a striker place on the frame of the door.

The part that failed is the threaded insert (2); the retaining ring has broken off, and the spring now pushes the ball all the way through the insert.

I'm willing to gamble on the part if you think it might work.

Many thanks.

Bill

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0975.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0976.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I am not certain if our 10-057 will work, but functionally it works the same and is our closest part. If you do try it, let me know if it works out for you--future customers would probably profit from knowing. Many thanks. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.