Part Number 28300 channel balance

A home owner from Winter Garden, FL says:
Hello - My broken channel balance is inscribed with BSL 28300 (but the last zero looks like a backwards D). I suspect your comparable replacement part is Series 380 Channel Balances 1/2" x 29". Can you confirm?

Thanks,
Darec
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in your question. The number you have provided just tells us the spring calibration inside the balance. In no way does it help with the identification of the part. In order for us to make a determination on a replacement, we will need to see photos showing the balance removed from the window. We will also need for you to provide us with the metal length measurement of the balance. Once we have all the photos and information we need, we can get started on searching for a match. 

Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for getting back to me with your photos. Looking at the nylon fittings of your balance, it looks more like our S351-29 and S390-29. The difference between these two balances lies within the 'depth' measurement of the bottom balance shoe. Measure the depth of your bottom shoe, just as it is shown in the diagram below, to determine which of the two balances is the better match. Whichever one chosen will go with a 2830 option that supports a sash weight of 16-23 pounds. 

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Thanks for your response.

See three attached photos.

The dimensions of the metal frame are 29" x 1/2".

Let me know if you need any more answers.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BSL 28300 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BSL 28300 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BSL 28300 2.jpg
Thanks for your help.

My bottom shoe measurement matches 15-002.

I need to order S351-29, correct?
Profile picture of Casey

Yes, that is correct. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.