Part for Certainteed awning windows

A quick learner from Marmora NJ says:
Looking for the black piece in the pictures. It is for Certainteed awning windows. It slides up and down in a track when you open and close the windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2D525ED9-A976-4144-8202-AB23CCDC1F6C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 37274335-E5A3-4088-85A2-805D876A5318.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4886CEF5-C4C5-4A9E-A928-4A0C36901143.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7B37AB7C-EFB5-47DC-A12D-14AE69477665.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This piece is unfortunately not available by itself. You will need an all new hinge.

I recommend the 36-048. This should work well for you as long as you replace the top and bottom at the same time. The video below goes into more detail.

My window is an awning window. You recommended the 36-048 but the video is showing a casement window. Is this the same part for awning windows?
Profile picture of Tom

I've known some window installers who put the 36-048 (and casement hinges in general) on awning windows. They're not technically supposed to work that way, but window companies still do it and it usually works fine.

What is the difference between part number 36-048 and part number 36-004-10?
Profile picture of Tom

They more or less do the same job, but the 36-004-10 is stainless steel. The 36-048 has a powder-coated finish that resists corrosion, but that's its only protection.

If you'd prefer stainless steel then the 36-004-10 would work just fine. I didn't see any particular issue with corrosion on your old hinge so I didn't think to recommend it.

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.