Part for a sliding glass door

A home owner from Pickering, Ontario, Canada says:
This part is a wrapper for a roller on the door. The roller diameter is .7 inches and the outside diameter of the wrapper is .82 inches. I am unable to find a place to buy this part anywhere and I am hoping you can help me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 989B25C4-B050-4A20-B2D3-CBDA248CE25E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we can't sell this piece by itself. I honestly can't think of any company who does, either. Odds are you're going to need a new roller assembly entirely.

I'd be happy to help with that, but I will need a clear photo of that assembly removed from the door and without obstruction. Please let me know if that would be possible.

Thanks for your reply. Here is a picture of the door with the roller assembly attached. This picture is taken from the back side of the door. I don't see a way of taking the roller assembly apart from the door. This is why I am looking for the piece that covers the roller itself. Can you tell me what the official name is for this part? I call it a "roller sleeve" or a "roller wrapper". You are the first place I have talked to that seems to know what I am looking for. Let's keep the conversation going... eventually we can figure out what I can do to fix this.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ABC31471-1C86-4A80-9055-A2656DC32C62.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

That's a huge help, thank you! This looks to be a match for our 23-017 roller. Look it over and see what you think.

Alternate view of 23-017
Alternate view of 23-017

Dimensions for 23-017
Dimensions for 23-017

Removing these from the door is a little tricky but not impossible. You have to lay the door down flat and use a pair of pliers to gently, but firmly, pull the roller out of the slot it's plugged into. It'll take some patience and elbow grease, but if you keep wiggling it back and forth it should come loose.

That roller sleeve doesn't really have a technical name, I don't think, or if it does then I am not aware of it. It's not something that you can replace by itself. Now that I see your whole setup, I can confidently tell you that you need an all new roller assembly.

We are getting close but not quite there yet. After your instructions about removing the roller assembly I managed to wrestle the rascal out. Upon inspection, I see that the one you recommended in our previous discussion is not quite the same as the one that I need. Dimensions: length 3 3/4", width 1 1/4", height (thickness) 3/8". Roller wheel diameter is 3/4" (without sleeve).

Hope you have this part with these dimensions. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DD553D9E-4DAE-4A3C-AA4E-BD4E7DB6CE2D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EAFC5AFC-AB4D-4AB2-8AFF-703BCBF0BA51.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! With this new photo in mind, I think our 23-069 is what you're looking for. This is much closer in terms of design and size.

Detail of 23-069
Detail of 23-069

23-069 looks perfect. How can I place an order for a pair of these and arrange payment?
Profile picture of Tom

Great! All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience. You can also call us directly at (888) 991-1929 and one of our customer service reps would be happy to place the order for you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.