Part needed

A quick learner from White Haven, PA says:
We bought a manufactured home in Feb and need to buy some replacement window parts. Both the Manufacturer and local construction company on the tag are no longer in business. We spoke to PFC Corp, who was also on the tag, and they told us one of the windows the manufacturer used was MW Windows. Can you help us identify the part and if you sell those parts. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Part.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help, yes. Before I can recommend anything, I'd like you to remove the pivot shoe from the track and show me a picture of it by itself. Seeing an undamaged version would be ideal, if possible. If the shoe is too damaged we may not be able to ID it.

While it's out, please also measure its width and thickness and tell me what you get.

The last pic is what the whole unit looks like undamaged. The 2nd to last pic is what the individual piece looks like undamaged. The window pin sits in the slit to pivot and is connected to the upper piece by a metal spring so the window can go up and down.The piece that has the bottom piece broken off that holds the pivot piece is 1 1/4" wide X 1 1/2"long X 1/2" thick. Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any additional info. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Part 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Part 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Part 4.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! I think you can use our 15-140 as a replacement. It's not exactly the same as yours, but it looks like it has the same style. The dimensions are also very close. This shoe is designed to be used with the Series 150 coil spring.

do we need both the 15-140 and Series 150 spring? what about the top piece of the whole unti the spring sits in? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

If the shoe is the only part that's broken, then you don't need new springs. Your old springs should be compatible with our shoe. The same goes for the retaining clips: as long as they aren't damaged (and they don't appear to be) then you should be able to reuse them.

Thank you for your help!!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.