Part that holds the window and screen panels in place in storm/screen door?

A handy person from Meredith NH says:
I don't know what they are called and need to replace four of them in green
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

We can help but we'll need to see your hardware removed from the window, along with dimensions, to compare to our inventory. 

Thank you!

I've attached a picture of the door and part of the inserts that need to be replaced.
The door is at my vacation home, not where I am now so I can't measure it.
I think the strips are 65" but anything longer than that is OK as I'll cut them to length.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named NH Door 1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named NH Door 2.JPG
Profile picture of Emily

I see you're referring to your retainer strip. The problem with these long retainer strips is that every different door company changes the style that they use almost every year. This makes it next to impossible to keep up. So, what we suggest is to use a clip like our 70-180 and a screw like our 70-112 and distribute them evenly around the frame. This is how storm door companies did it back in the day and it still works fine with modern doors.  

Thank you. Can I order them from you? How many will I need?
Profile picture of Emily

It depends on the size of the door but I would suggest installing four or five on each side and maybe two at the top, to start. 

You can place an order on our website at your convenience or through our customer service line at (888) 991-1929 856-317-6263.

Thank you very much. You've been very helpful.
You give a very good impression of your company.
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly our pleasure!

If you have any hardware questions in the future please feel free to reach out and let us know. We'd be happy to help. 

How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.