Part that runs up and down the sash and locks into place when window removed

A home owner from Wyoming, MN says:
Hi, I have 1989 Semco windows. I think the tilt pivots are 17-056. The part the pivots engage with are broken. Also don't know how to get them out.

Thank you, Frederick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 45FDDAA6-9BC2-4150-B3EC-6BE1212A68A4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we won't be able to replace this style balance or its shoes. You will need to contact the original window manufacturer for assistance with this kind of part.

As for removal, that can be tricky. I believe the procedure is more or less the same as shown in the video below. This video features a different style balance but the method of replacement should follow the same principles.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at